Semaglutide Weight Loss Services & Insurance Coverage Tips
Due to the rising amount of litigation surrounding Compounded Medical Weight Loss Medications, underwriters are requiring additional information such as:
- What weight loss medications are being offered?
- If Semaglutide:
- If so, by whom?
- Are there any sodium/acetate ingredients?
- Pills or injections?
- If injections, is this self-administered or administered by our Insured?
- Are patient assessments being performed?
- With what frequency is our Insured monitoring patients on weight loss drugs?
- Any services offered to minors?
Underwriters require additional information regarding Compounded Medical Weight Loss Medications in light of growing litigation. This includes a comprehensive account of weight loss medication, patient assessments, monitoring frequency, among other crucial details. For practices that provide semaglutide, the average premium cost starts at $5,000.
We encourage you to contact a WMPG representative for more information.
Mark Holsbeke, Licensed Agent